Monday, January 8, 2018

False start for Dash Yonkuro

I just want to give a quick update on this series.
Unfortunately when I went to begin subbing the first episode, I realized that the raws I had are extremely choppy framerate-wise, and it's pretty noticeable.

So right now we have 3 options:
  1. go ahead with these choppy raws (no thanks)
  2. use the much smoother italian dub video and mux the Japanese audio, while cutting and pasting the part that were edited, such as title cards (doable but extremely clunky and tedious, we would need to recruit someone who has a lot of patience to do this)
  3. download the higher quality raws from this torrent which, while still from TV source, are much more hi-res and smooth
In the end we wen't with the 3rd option. However, there are 2 small problem with this. 
  • The files are 1080p, with FLAC audio, which makes every ep about 800MB. Obviously that's too much for our ongoing releases, so we will have to fist downscale the source video before we start subbing.
  • The torrent currently sits at 0 seeds. However, there are plenty of peers, which means we should be able to download almost all of it. The downside is that there may be a few seconds missing in one of the episodes. 
We're thinking how to solve this last issue, but we're optimistic about this.
As soon as we have something to show, we will do so!


4 comments:

  1. You may be in luck. The missing piece of the torrent is in the OP of episode 25. You could very easily splice in the OP from another episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? This is awesome news, thanks. I think we'll do just that!

      Delete
  2. Shoot me an email. I can pass you this full torrent in MEGA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I download a video that has flac audio, I use MediaHuman Audio Converter to extract the audio and turn it to either AAC, AC-3.. etc. I then use MKVToolNix to add the new audio to the video. :)

    ReplyDelete